If you still haven’t tried Snapchat, you’re going to tell the advantages and disadvantages of Snapchat if you decide to give a try to this messaging service, which has earned a good fame by allowing to exchange messages or photos with the utmost privacy possible, as they will self destroy.
In this article, we will explore the advantages and disadvantages of Snapchat, the popular messaging service that not too long ago acknowledged having copied filters of independent artists. You already know that the filters are an important part of Snapchat, that we must not overlook. And contribute to be one of the great advantages of the popular service. Don’t miss out all:
Snapchat: Advantages and disadvantages
- Photos and self destructible videos Snapchat gives you the wonderful advantage of sending a photo or video to one of your friends, but that this does not have the minimum possibility of saving that photo, this application has included a tool that allows you to delete the message in seconds. . Imagine being able to share absolutely everything, be sure that there will be no copies left and that only the recipient will be able to see it and only for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- Nice filters and novel If you start using Snapchat, one of the features that you will like more, are their filters for the face, there are many, for all tastes, of all styles. In addition we also highlight that some filters are interactive, that is to say; they ask you to take an action, such as raising your eyebrows or opening your mouth, here are some examples of the use of these filters.
- Filters with Video And if that were not enough, these filters can also be used for videos, this is without a doubt a great advantage that SnapChat has.
- It alerts you when someone saves your photo Never before has an application informed us so much about what our friends do with our photos, do they only see them? Or do they download them on their phones? Well, SnapChat has revolutionized the way we used to stalke, if you upload a photo to this application, when a user tries to capture the image with the screenshot function, you will be notified.
- The famous Geofilters When you are in a known restaurant, you will not have to put a description in your picture, SnapChat gives you a huge advantage and it has a geolocation system that allows you to use exclusive filters from a certain place.
- Editing photos and videos You can also edit your photos and videos, with all the SnapChat filters, and then you have the possibility to download these images and share them on your social networks.
- Compatibility with all mobile operating systems No matter if you use iPhone or Android, SnapChat has the advantage of being compatible with all mobile phones, so it is available to any user who has a high-end device.Disadvantages of Snapchat:
- Eye with the screenshots, notify the other user if you do. Although there is a trick that allows you to take screenshots on Snapchat in secret.
- Is less safe that other messaging services.
- Is one of the apps less ethical they exist, because many use it to hide information that they share. Ideal for teenagers who don’t want to know what they are talking about.
- climbs adult content because there are no filters. This app is feature because you can share risqué photos, which is not detected and does nothing, then disappear.
- Although the content is destroyed, there is always the possibility of taking a screenshot. Of course, if a screenshot is made the sender of the photo receives a notification
- Your encryption systems are not as secure as in other instant messaging applications
- For some people it is considered an unethical application, since all the information is hidden
- The fact that the content disappears in just a few seconds means that this application does not have content filters.
Snapchat is responsible for deleting shared content, but there are hundreds of different ways to get hold of a copy of a photo or video received through this channel, so it is recommended to be cautious when sharing a certain type of content.