Android 7.0 Nougat is now available officially, and that means you begin the good news, some companies such as Sony or HTC have confirmed some of the phones that will be updated Nougat. Now, in addition to the good are also the bad ones, is that there are many devices that, apparently powerful, they’re not going to update in an official manner to Nougat.
Android, unlike iOS, based their update thousands of devices with different configurations, and sometimes, in a new update, arises incompatibilities with different devices and that does not allow some of them to be updated. Or some are not updated or the improvements are not going as well as they should and have to pay the righteous for the sinners. It is for this reason that there are several mobile phones which do not update so official and we can confirm them, sorry if you have any of them.
What mobile powerful not be updated to Android 7.0 Nougat?
Many people do not understand why there is so much fragmentation in Android and the problem is that, thousands of different configurations, some of them not compatible with possible improvements. There are problems with certain processors Qualcomm (technical and legal) and this splashed up until the own Google that looks like it can’t update some of its terminals.
Sony Xperia Z3, both the Compact as the normal version, do not update to Android 7.0 Nougat and it seems that the blame is the Snapdragon 801 that along with the Snapdragon 800 don’t have official support on the part of AOSP and can not carry the official version of Nougat in a genuine way. Until the Nexus 5 has been without official version but already exists, you can already upgrade your Nexus 5 to Nougat.
Other mobile Zuk Z1, OnePlus X, Xiaomi Mi Note, ZTE Axon and ZTE Grand S3 nor will a Nougat of an official already that if you want to have access to the Google Apps must comply with the terms of the Google CTS. In addition to that Google is asking manufacturers, the phones are compatible with OpenGL ES 3.1 or Vulkan so developers can use these APIs.
Graphics Adreno 300 and Mali-400, all without 7.0 Nougatç
in Addition to processor Qualcomm if we ignore the demands graphs we see that the graphs of the family Adreno 300 (up to the Adreno 307 launched in 2015) are not compatible with OpenGL ES 3.1 and nor Qualcomm has given support to the Mali-400 (up to the Mali-450 released in 2015) for this technology, graphs of ARM that are often used in devices with SoC MediaTek. The Mali-400 supports OpenGL 2.0, and that was the minimum to ride Marshmallow.
With this limitation we remove the fore 432 mobile that have been announced in 2015 and 2016. That is to say, a 43% of mobile released on this date. Among the models that have been without official support for Nougat 7.0 are the following:
- Samsung: Galaxy J Max, Galaxy J2 (2016), Galaxy J2 Pro (2016), Galaxy J3 (2016), Galaxy Tab J, Galaxy J1, Galaxy K1 Nxt, Galaxy J1 (2016), Galaxy J5, and Galaxy J5 (2016), Galaxy A3 (2016), Galaxy On7, Galaxy On7 Pro, Galaxy E5, Galaxy Grand Max, and Galaxy S4 mini.
- BQ: Aquaris X5 and Aquaris E5s.
- ASUS: Zenfone Max, Zenfone 2 Laser, Zenfone Go and Live.
- Motorola: Moto G (3rd Gen), Moto E (2nd Gen), Moto G4 Play and Moto G (2nd Gen, 4G).
- Xiaomi: Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi 2 and Redmi Note Prime.
- Lenovo: ZUK Z1, A6000, A6000 Plus, A6010 A6010 Plus, Phab, A1000, A5000, Vibe To, and A1900.
- OnePlus: OnePlus X.
- LG: K10, G4 Stylus, Stylus 2 X Screen, X Style , K7, K4, Leon, G Stylo, Stylo 2, Spirit, G4c, Zero, K3, AKA, Tribute 2, Joy, K7, Magna, K5 and Ray.
- Huawei: Y6, Y625. Y635, SnapTo, P8 Lite, Y5II, Y3II, Honor, 4C, Honor 5A, Y360, Honor, Bee, and Ascend Y540.
- Alcatel: Pixi 4 (6) Pixi 4 (4), Pixi 3 (5.5), Pixi 3 (4.5), Pixi 3 (3.5), Pixi 3 (4), Pop 4, Pop Star, Idol 3 (4.7), Fierce XL and Go Play.
- Acer: Liquid Z220, Liquid Z320, Liquid Z330, Liquid Z520 and Liquid Zest.
- Sony: Xperia E4, Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact.
do An Android One that breaks all the rules?
Among all the limitations we see as Google also manages to break all the rules written and offers Android 7.0 Nougat, of official form, on the General Mobile 4G, a device that carries in its interior a Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 with a GPU Adreno 306.
we See that Google skips the rules and is that promise updates for Android like on some Nexus does not have left more remedy than to respect the update cycle, or could see their customers had the legal right of return to all terminals by deception and scam…
This time you are going to learn that sometimes the problem of fragmentation is not only device manufacturers but the update processors or requirement requirements by Google terminal to hamper the update of many terminals. Thankfully, CyanogenMod 14 will come to save many of these…