Instagram considers several aspects of account backups, as it allows you to download all your photos, titles and comments, contacts, searches and other things, when you want to delete your account.
The backup of the photos will be downloaded in JPEG format, in folders sorted by date. However, the images will be in low resolution: 1080×1080 pixels.
How do I backup Instagram?
Very simple, to download a backup of your Instagram profile, you have to follow these steps:
– Open the Instagram application.
– Enter your profile in the icon in the lower right corner.
– Press the menu in the upper right corner and select Settings, hidden at the bottom of the menu.
– Scroll down to Security and select Download data.
– Accept the default values or change the email address for file delivery.
– Confirm the email address and enter your password on Instagram.
– Wait up to 48 hours (although it usually only takes a few minutes), for Instagram to send you a link to download the file with all your data.
– Click on the link, log in from a desktop computer Instagram site.
– Then, select Download data to start downloading the ZIP file with your photos and the rest of your profile information.
Making a backup of your Instagram account is somewhat simpler through a desktop computer or laptop, You just have to follow these steps:
– Go to Instagram and log in.
– Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner of the screen.
– Select Edit profile next to your username.
– In the menu on the left, click on Privacy and security.
– Search Request download just below the subtitle Download data. Instagram will email you the link to the file with your photos and other information.
– The rest is the same as before: open the email and click on the link.
– Log in to the Instagram site.
– Click Download data to start downloading the ZIP file with your photos and the rest of your profile information.
Now with the backup of your photos, you can Get rid of your Instagram profile. And this process is also quite simple:
– You must enter this website, created by Instagram to specifically remove accounts from the social network.
– Answer the question Why do you want to delete your account?
– Enter the password
– And finally, press the button Delete my account permanently