While Chromebooks do not have a separate right-click button on the touch panel, that does not mean the feature is not available. If you need to right-click on something, there are a couple of ways to do it without the need to connect a mouse external.
The right click action on this laptop is becoming a very frequent lake today. It is because it allows you to access other menus, much more extended when you are going to perform some action. Therefore, using the right mouse button on Chromebooks is extremely useful as it adds more features to this computer.
You should know that before you had not thought about this option and for this reason there are many computers that do not have the right click on their touchpads. But do not worry, there are different ways in which you can execute this action and that do not need much more so that you can activate them.
Right click with two fingers on the Chromebook
- However, you can take that simplicity one step further by enabling the “Touch to click” function.
- First, click on the clock to open the system menu and the notification tray; Then click on the Settings icon. Scroll to the bottom and click on “Advanced.”
- Scroll a little further until you see the “Device” section.
- Then, click on “Touchpad.”
- In the touch panel configuration, activate the option «Activate click to click».
- Now, all you need to do is hit both fingers against the touchpad to make a right click, without the need to press it completely.
Right click using a keyboard modifier
You can also execute a right click by pressing the ALT key on the keyboard to modify the behavior of a normal click on the touch panel. You must press and hold the «ALT» key on the keyboard, then click on the touch panel.
That’s. You just made a “right click” on a Chromebook. Also, if you enabled the “Touch to click” option in the previous section, you can press and hold the ALT key and touch anywhere on the touch panel.
Although Chromebooks do not have a right button on the touchpad, there are still ways you can complete a right click to access the context menu it hides.
The last option is a mouse
If you see that your Chromebook does not offer these functionalities, then the best solution you could have is a mouse. They are not very expensive and you can have a little more comfort. But it is at your discretion, if you do not like mice, but you like Chormebook and do not have right click functionalities.
The best thing you can do is buy a newer computer that can have this functionality. This way you can enjoy your Chromebook completely and without any problem.