Slack offers a dark mode built into iPhone, iPad and Android Wear. Here we will show you how to enable it with a few quick touches so you can use a darker interface. This can even save energy if you have a mobile phone with OLED screen.
What is slack?
Before proceeding to tell you how you can activate the dark mode on your iPhone 7 and Android One, we will give you useful information about Slack. Which is a tool that could very well replace your email in terms of collaborative and team tasks. In this way, you can work together and efficiently with other people as if they were facing each other.
Of course you can download the Slack app on the most powerful phones, such as the iPhone 8 or iPhone XR. It should be noted that it is also found on all Android devices. So, you can enjoy this tool on any device, increasing the effectiveness of your teamwork.
So, if you are a user of this powerful tool you can activate its dark mode, if you like it or if you need it. Here we will guide you step by step.
Enable the dark mode of this powerful tool on your iPhone
To enable dark mode in Slack,
- you must press the menu icon in the upper right corner of the application;
- This icon looks like three vertical dots.
- It is in the same place in Slack for iPhone, iPad and Android.
Now, you must
- press the “Settings” option in the menu panel.
- Then, do the same action in the “Dark mode” option.
- On iPhone or iPad,
- press the switch to the right of Dark Mode to activate or deactivate it quickly.
Similarly, to disable Dark Mode, return to the device options and touch the same option, or the “off” switch in this case.
Some considerations that you should have clear
You should keep in mind that Slack synchronizes the default theme normally between your devices. That’s why your sidebar may not be dark, even if you’ve already activated dark mode. You can customize the color of the Slack sidebar and select a dark theme so you can see the dark effect in the application.
Similarly, Slack does not yet offer a dark mode for its desktop applications on Windows, macOS, Linux and its web application, but the technology company promises that it is working in a dark mode for these platforms.
As it seems, the dark mode is not for everyone, but there are more and more people who like this mode. So it doesn’t hurt to try it and maybe you love having it on your iPhone.
How to have and switch between multiple workspaces in the Slack app
Having different workspaces
Slack allows you to share files, images, videos, make voice or video calls, share your screen, share a channel of your company and or team with a customer, provider or partner to have them all gathered in the same place, etc. Slack also has more than 1,500 integrated apps like Google Drive or Dropbox, and being cloud-based, changes using the app on different devices occur in real time.
Slack also allows you to belong to different Groups and have multiple workspaces – something like having 2 or more WhatsApp accounts at once, each with its own channels and members – either with the same email account or with a different one. But how do you move from one to the other? We’re going to tell you for both the web version and the mobile app.
Switch from one workgroup to another in the browser
Having multiple workspaces open in Slack simultaneously is very simple in its version of browsers. Simply open as many tabs as you need in the same browser and log in to Slack in each registered space. Each tab will work independent of the other, and you’ll be able to talk and receive messages in 2 or more different spaces.
But, if you don’t want to get so messing with, just open a single tab and load Slack. If you need to go to the other workgroup:
- Find the workspace name at the top of the left column
- Click to open the list of options
- Scroll down to the penultimate option in the list,’ Change workspace’
- If you open it, you’ll see the other groups you belong to. Click on what you need and you’ll jump into this
Switch from one workgroup to another on mobile
If you have Slack installed on your mobile, the process is similar with the app:
- Open Slack on your smartphone and look for the workspace name at the top
- Hit the group icon on the left
- On the Home line, with the channel and direct chats listed below, you’ll see a one-squared icon made up of several squares. Give
- Now you will get all the workspaces you have, and even the option to Add new spaces. Choose the one you want to change.
An advantage of the mobile app is that it doesn’t matter that you’re in a workspace, because you get notifications from all the groups you’re in. And if it’s one that doesn’t belong to the group you have open, when you open it, that particular space will open up.