Custom PowerPoint templates provide many resources that are very useful. These templates automatically build the base and framework to work on your presentation optimally. So there are many templates available, but if you don’t like the default ones, you can create your own templates thanks to this Microsoft Office feature. Take note of these recommendations.
Make your custom PowerPoint templates quickly
- To start, you must open a blank presentation. Just open the tab called “File” and then select the “New” option. Which is in the left pane of the window.
- In this way, a template library will appear, but you should miss this. You just have to continue and select the option called “Blank Presentation”.
- Then, you must choose the size and orientation of the new slide. Go to the Design tab and then Customize. Now, select the “Slide size” button. In this way, a drop-down menu will appear. When you are there, click on the “Customize slide size” option.
- Now, the “Slide size” dialog box will appear. From here you can adjust the height and width of that slide. You can also select a default menu option. Similarly, you can select the orientation of the slide.
- Now, the rest of the creation of your template will be done in the PowerPoint Slide Master. This function allows you to customize fonts, headings and colors in one place.
- Only selections apply to your slides. Thus, it allows you to maintain consistency and the same style throughout the entire template. As well as, you can eliminate the need to make changes on each slide you have to work on.
- So you can access the slide master, click on the “View” tab. Then, select the “Slide pattern” option in the Master views section.
You can individually modify the slide pattern
- As you will see, the slide pattern will appear in the left pane of the window. This pattern is the top thumbnail that appears on each panel. In this way, each slide layout is represented on each thumbnail that is there.
- You should know that the modifications you make in the Slide Master will affect each design of the slides you have in the panel.
- In this section, you will see the best things about having a custom PowerPoint template. You can select a unique theme for what your new template will be. In order for you to do this, you must select the “Themes” option in the “Edit theme” group. Which is found in the “Slide pattern” tab.
- Now a drop-down menu will appear. Here there are countless themes to choose from pleasure. Similarly, each theme comes with its own effects and its own sources. You can see the entire library and choose the one you like best.
- In the same way, you can choose a background style for the theme you just chose. You just have to choose «Background Styles». Which is in the section called «Fund». Then, what you have to do is choose the style you want from the drop-down menu.
You can insert placeholders
If you want to customize the placeholders on your slides, you can do so by selecting one of the options in the “Insert placeholder” menu. You can find this option in the “Master design” section.
Now, once you selected the slide where you want to insert a placeholder. As well as the type of placeholder that you will insert from the menu. You just have to click and drag the cursor to make the placeholder box.
You can repeat this process until you are satisfied with the placeholders in your template. Once you’re done, all you have to do is save your custom template.
Save your custom templates in PowerPoint
To save your PowerPoint presentation as a template, it will do so under the .potx format. You just have to click on the “File” tab and then on the “Save As” button. Now, in the “Other locations” section, select the “Browse” option.
Then, the “Save as” dialog box will appear. Select the box next to “Save as type” and then choose the “PowerPoint Template” option.
- When you select the PowerPoint template file type, it will redirect you to the “Custom Office Templates” folder. This is where you are going to save your template. You just have to click on the “Save” button.
- This way, your template will be saved and ready for you to use. To find it the next time you open PowerPoint, click on the “File” tab and select the “New” button.
- Now select the “Custom” tab and then the “Custom Office Templates” option. This way, you will see your custom template. Choose it to start using one of your custom PowerPoint templates.