it Is possible that you may know that Silent Circle has begun to block mobile Blackphone 2, which, despite being original, it seems that do not count with the support of the manufacturer of the software to be sold. That is to say, the thing grace, you purchase a mobile original and then one of the creators of the software you block it because you have not paid the 600 euros it costs.
Many do not know but Silent Circle has had problems between the software manufacturer and the hardware manufacturer so surely the hardware manufacturer has been avenged in this way, getting rid of a stock that would not have come forward otherwise. That is to say, that the user is the one that pays the covenant but without any guilt.
we don’t want you to stay without mobile: How to remove the lock of the Blackphone 2?
to Remove blocking of the Blackphone 2 is much easier than it seems, just follow these steps and you’ll have the mobile with the version that does not crash. Simply you cannot update it but this is not a problem, you turn off the automatic updates and forget about the problems.
- In the first place what we are going to do is going to be to restore the phone to the factory state (we can save the photos on your PC or wherever you want).
- once this is done we have that download the ROM that belongs to our model phone from here. The ROM is the first link of Google Drive, there is only look for RW1 (Rest of world) or AM1 (America and North America).
- once you have done this copy the file in the microSD that we have on the phone or in any other.
- We changed the name to the ROM and put name update.zip.
- we Put the microSD in the phone.
Now, once with the microSD inside we’re going to go to the recovery and flash the ROM.
- turn on by pressing Volume Up + power Button, when the phone vibrates you can release the power button but not Volume Up.
- In the menu that appears, type TWRP select Install from SD (Unzip from SD) and use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to Accept.
- Select the Update and hope to apply it.
- Now light the phone that will take a lot of power (like 15 or 20 minutes).
- Restart the mobile and we avoid to pass to the version 3.0.8 of the software that we locked again the mobile. Yes we can upgrade to the earlier versions like 3.0.4 but not to the following.
As you can see, the solution is very simple, if you have doubts or problems in this article we have shared in XDA are the different methods but this is the most simple. This change serves to convert a paperweight into a mobile functional.