system Update available… how do I update or wait? This question will make many users each day, and my advice has always been the same: to upgrade as soon as possible. However, in this article I will show you advantages and disadvantages of update Android, because it is not always a good idea depending on the user. What we analyze:
Android 8 Oreo, what are its advantages?
After a few months since the release of its final version and improvements in the form of updates, it is a good time to analyze Android 8 Oreo and its advantages over other operating systems.
Smarter, faster and more powerful : Android has become more intelligent, fast and powerful, Android Oreo gives the phone more intelligence, we refer above all to the advantage of its intelligent text selector. This is very useful when copying a phone or an address, actions that are usually done. Thanks to this function, copying and pasting is over because you can directly use that number or address.
Android Oreo also offers the smart advantage of remembering user accounts by being integrated with Google’s autocomplete and Google Smart Lock password manager. This is very effective when you have to reinstall any of your favorite applications, since Google will directly recover your data if you decide to activate this function.
A security level, offers advantages in the special access permissions or the shielding of its function to install applications from unknown sources, since now you have to authorize any type of installation outside the official page, something that did not happen with previous versions. A final example of improvement, at least with respect to their own systems, is the possibility of using the function that allows to activate the Wi-Fi of the phone when it is in the reach of trusted networks.
Adaptability : Android Oreo has also developed other details of character especially functional and aesthetic with the interface, which is one of its advances, since it is much more adaptive. With the touch-ups, there is a simpler section, especially once you have a few days of experience with it. The adaptability, on the other hand, is very well appreciated in how Android Oreo adapts the background colors of the folders and notifications bar depending on the wallpaper.
Another aspect about adaptability that does not go unnoticed to chat fans is the emojis, which have changed their design in a way that is much more recognizable, similar to those of iOS and WhatsApp. It is not an improvement over them, but it should be mentioned as an advantage over previous operating systems of Google.
Nested notifications : A very practical advantage is the new way of organizing the notifications that in Oreo is hierarchical so that the most important ones are not lost, such as missed calls. The new order is the notifications in progress in the first place, then those that are of a communicative type such as messages and calls, third, general ones such as events or reminders, and last but not least. In addition, it offers new notification channels, which allow you to control in detail the type of notification you want to receive from the applications. In this way, you can tell the phone from the general settings that you do not want a certain type of notification.
Another of the utilities is the image-in-picture (PiP) mode, through which you can continue to see an application in a floating window while using another application.
Advantages and disadvantages of update Android
- Advantage: one of the advantages of upgrading the operating system (e.g. move from Lollipop to Marshmallow) is that we are entering a new world with more likely to. That is to say, normally, a version change to the other, we have new features that make the terminal more attractive. Smart Lock in your day, Doze with Marshmallow… and much more. Update is enjoy more things in a same mobile phone, so that it is a wonder.
- Advantage: problems you had disappear: normally, an update should take care above all to repair the problems the previous update, in addition to include new things if this were the case, since there are many times of updates. We usually update to repair errors, but also to have new features.
- Disadvantage: non-compatible applications. This has happened on all-in-Marshmallow, since at the beginning we topábamos with many applications that were not compatible with the system, and in addition, many cause the unexpected shutdown of the application and a restart of the phone, since the API is not adequate. We have seen on Nexus 6 how to troubleshoot these reboots random caused by Marshmallow.
- Disadvantage: you may receive a bug. This happened on all Kitkat to Lollipop, when we saw that the users reported problems in the management of RAM, Wi-Fi connectivity and battery life. Another option is to wait to see if you are having problems with the new update.
- If you have Lollipop, you can stay for a while more, although I advise you to make the jump to Marshmallow for you to enjoy all the new features of the operating system, but will also tell you that you may have problems with applications.
- If you have any previous version to Lollipop, update to Lollipop as soon as you can, even if it is for ROM. You’ll enjoy many advantages as a Material Design, and you do not have to suffer problems of autonomy, but you can always go back in time.
Updated whenever (and whenever you’re ready)
it is best to always update, especially if it comes to us automatically, because he wants to say that it is an update completely ready for our mobile and that should not give us problems in theory. Problems with applications when is a version very recent, it is something normal, especially in the case of the Marshmallow that takes you from September-October with us and few have been updated.
If you have a problem and expect a solution, it is also important that you update how much before, like the security patches monthly, are crucial to keep the terminal in good state.
Why is it important to upgrade to Android Oreo?
In the market there is talk of the arrival of Android Oreo while a large part of the users are still waiting for the arrival of Nougat to their device! , What’s new in Android Oreo, It is possible that for some users, these new features of Android Oreo have no care but, in terms of security and performance, each new update helps:
- Reduce the number of terminals compromised with viruses, malware and other malicious files (Google Play Protect)
- Decrease the amount of slow equipment that seems “with lack of will” to work (Android Go)
- Regulate excessive battery consumption (Vitals)
- Improve the user experience
- Eliminate situations where you can not install and / or access new applications due to lack of compatibility with the operating system.
Phones that will be updated to the new Android P
Android P will be the new version of Google’s mobile OS now. Which phones will be updated to the new Android?
Let’s go to what really matters to us: What cell phones will it reach? This taking into account that Oreo has not been the king of the distribution and; So far, it has left a lot to be desired. There are still users waiting for it on their computers. These are the cell phones to which the specialists bet update until now (surely the list will be getting bigger).
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Moto X4
- Moto Z2 Play
- Moto Z2 Force
- Moto G5
- Moto G6
- Moto Z3
- Moto Z3 Play
- Huawei Mate 10
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei P20
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Nokia 7 Plus
- Nokia 8 Sirocco
- Nokia 8
- Nokia 7
- Nokia 6.1
- Nokia 6 (2018)
- Nokia 5
- Nokia 3
- BlackBerry Motion
- BlackBerry KeyOne
- BlackBerry KeyTwo
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
- Google Pixel 2
- Google Pixel 2 XL
- HTC U11
- HTC U11 Life
- HTC U11 Plus
- HTC U Ultra
- Sony Xperia XZ2
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
- Sony Xperia XA2
- Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra
- Sony Xperia XZ
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Xiaomi Mi A1
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Xiaomi Mi 6
Android 9 Pie comes made to meet the growing needs of artificial intelligence that have been taking over the dozens of devices that were not previously intelligent and that increasingly are.
It is expected that Google phones, Pixel and Pixel 2 get the update quickly, as well as devices with Android One. You can also check our guide to know when your phone will have this operating system, Google thinks that your phone should be yours and It must adapt to your life instead of the other way around. Android 9.0 Pie comes with features that will make your phone smarter.